My Birthday/Valentine’s Day
So today is my birthday!!! Yes, it is Valentine’s Day!!! In honor of my birthday, I thought I would share 6 food-related facts about me as well, 10 things I love to cook, and 12 of my favorite foods. If you can do math, you will notice the sum of all the items just might equate to my age 😉
- I began learning to cook at age 12 from a close family friend, Mrs. Teresa.
- I am a messy cook, usually not cleaning up as I go. This is partially why my mother recruited Mrs. Teresa. To me, a messy kitchen is a creative kitchen 🙂
- I have never had a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich. Bleck and pooey!!!
- I will NOT have milk in my cereal. Never. Ever. Bleck and pooey times two!!!
- I received my first Kitchen Aid in college as a Christmas gift. I absolutely love it and will cherish it always.
- I have this AMAZING cake recipe that I’ve been making since I was a freshmen in high school. It’s no ordinary cake recipe. You bake ice cream INTO the cake. Crazy!! I am going to be working on a gluten free/vegan version of this recipe. We will see what happens 😉
I Love to Make…
- Stir Fry Dishes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Anything in the crockpot!!
- Cornbread Dressing for Thanksgiving
- Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Hashbrown Casserole
- A nice cup of tea 🙂
I Like to Eat:
- Chips and Guacamole/ Salsa
- Hummus and Pretzels
- Fruit/dried fruit/fruit snacks
- Dark Chocolate
- Trail Mix
- Rice and Beans from Taco Cabana
- Veggie fajitas
- Salad Bowls from Chipotle
- Breakfast foods
- Tater Tots (Ore Ida frozen tots)
I hope everyone has a lovely Valentine’s Day/February 14/Single’s Awareness Day/Happy Wednesday.
See you all soon!!
Chocolates and Strawberries,