Top 10 Royal Trivia Facts
The Royal Wedding is THIS WEEK everyone!!!!! I likely will be getting up at the crack of dawn to view the wedding because it’s ALL ABOUT THE DRESS! Of course, the nuptials are important too 🙂
In honor of the wedding, I thought I would scrounge up the most random Royal trivia facts I could find on the Internet. Some of these I knew but a few were very surprising to me! This post could not be made possible without the help of my dear friend, Lisa.
Here are my top 10 interesting facts:
1. The Queen wears one of my favorite nail polishes (Essie’s Ballet Slippers)….but she’s been wearing it since before I was born.
2. The Royals always travel with black clothing just in case of a sudden death/funeral. It makes sense to me so they can public acknowledge being in mourning.
3. While the Queen is said to like her sweets, Princess Diana also had her favorite foods. I found an article with a list of her favorite foods along with the recipes. Tomato mousse anyone??
4. History repeats itself…. Camilla’s and Charles’ great grands were lovers apparently. I’m gonna leave that one there.
5. The stuck-out pinky while enjoying tea is supposedly a myth. However, I still indulge in this “myth” so I can feel fancy.
6. While once having tea with Her Royal Majesty, President Eisenhower enjoyed the scones so much that he requested her recipe. And the Queen sent it to him! Not emailed obviously but perhaps via carrier pigeon over the pond!
7. Way before blogging was popular (and made available due to technology), Queen Victoria journaled at least 2500 words daily. By the time she passed, she had written 122 volumes!
8. Queen Elizabeth I supposedly owned up to 2,000 pairs of gloves. Where would one even keep 2,000 pairs of gloves?
9. Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth II’s grandmother loved her jewels…maybe a bit too much. She supposedly would go to great lengths (including some illegal) to obtain jewels and other nice things.
10. Prince William had a major teenage crush on Cindy Crawford so his mum, Princess Diana did what any normal mum would do and invited her to the palace for tea! I would have loved to been apart of that conversation!
So there we have it! Hopefully, there is a fact on here that you didn’t already know!
Keep Calm and Remember to Wake Up before 6 AM (CST) to Watch the Wedding,