Ultimate Smoked Pizzas
Happy Monday everyone! I’m excited to share one of my bucket list items with you today: grilling homemade pizzas! But we took it to the next level- SMOKING them! This was a fun Father’s Day lunch idea. My in-laws have a Traeger smoker and have been going to town with smoking various meats and veggies this summer. Pizzas had not been attempted so we decided to give it a whirl!! Added bonus: Shay’s Way pizzas (we did two) were cooked in a cast-iron skillet!
Shay’s Way is loosely based off of this pizza recipe:
Supreme Smoked Pizza (Shay’s Way)
- Packages of pizza dough (Pillsbury)
- Pepperoni (we used gourmet pepperoni)
- Pizza sauce (we used Ragu traditional pizza sauce)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Bacon slices (we used microwavable bacon)
- Fresh basil leaves, finely diced
- Tomato slices
- Chopped black olives
- Sliced bell pepper
- Caramelized onions
- Parmesan cheese to finish
Preheat your smoker to 400 degrees. Season your cast iron skillet with olive oil. Arrange and press the dough into the skillet. Add sauce and toppings of choice. Finish off with cheese. Let bake for at least 35 minutes until golden brown and/or the cheese bubbles. Enjoy with Parmesan on top!
Vegan Smoked Pizza Shan’s Plan
- 1 gluten-free pizza crust (I used a cauliflower/corn flour crust from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 package of marinated Italian vegetables, finely chopped or chopped zucchini/egg plant/peppers
- Vegan or regular pesto (I used Trader Joe’s vegan pesto)
- Tomato slices or cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves, diced
- Vegan mozzarella cheese
Place your pizza crust on a pizza stone. Spread pesto within a half inch of the crust before layering the veggies. Use conservatively if you have a thin crust pizza so the oils won’t leak through the pizza. Add veggies, spices, and cheese of choice. Grill/smoke for at least 30-35 minutes.
We all gave these pizzas a thumbs up! Definitely will be making these pizzas again!
Will be moving slowly tomorrow,