Perfect Summer Supper III
This is my LAST summer supper, I promise! As we officially appear to be in the fall season and weather temperatures are slowly dwindling, I thought I would share one last fun grill recipe.
Shay’s meal consists of grilled sausages, bacon wrapped shrimp, grilled asparagus and broccoli and a loaded potato.
I had a different variation of this pasta with a little shrimp and veggies. It is officially my favorite pasta to make at home!
Perfect Summer Supper III (Shay’s Way)
- Around one pound of your favorite kind of kielbasa sausage (Shay purchases these in the jalapeño flavor at Costco and used about six from the package)
- ½ bottle of barbecue sauce or enough to coat the sausage
- Large or jumbo deveined and peeled (he cooked about 10 for himself)
- About 5 pieces of thick cut bacon; cut in half
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 to 2 cups of broccoli florets
- Garlic salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Russet potato
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon bits
- Sour cream
Cut your sausages into smaller pieces and coat with barbecue sauce. Individually wrap shrimp with half a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Cut off the ends of your zucchini, drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle on some garlic salt. Season the broccoli in the same way. On medium-high heat, cook your sausages, turning occasionally until they have a charred look about them. The sausages are already cooked but you want them to reach the proper internal temperature. Cook the bacon wrapped shrimp as well until the bacon is cooked and the shrimp is opaque. Grill the broccoli and asparagus in a grill basket under tender.
For the baked potato, I poked holes in it, drizzled on a little olive oil and garlic salt, then microwaved it for about 8-9 minutes with a damp paper towel loosely wrapped around it. Load your potato with all the regular fixings!
Perfect Summer Supper III (Shan’s Plan)
- ½ pound of gluten free penne pasta
- Large or jumbo deveined and peeled (Shay grilled me about six as I didn’t want much)
- ½ lemon or lemon juice
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- ½ container of grape tomatoes
- 1 package of cremini mushrooms
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe’s
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pesto (I use Trader Joe’s vegan pesto)
- Nutritional Yeast for topping
After you have cleaned your veggies, mix them in a bowl with a little olive oil and Everything But the Bagel seasoning. Shay cooked them over medium high heat in a grill basket until they were tender. He also squeeze lemon on the shrimp and added them onto the grill. The mushrooms also turned a nice brown color. Cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain once cooked and toss your grilled vegetables in along with pesto. I also added some of the grilled zucchini for extra vegetables. Top with nutritional yeast if desired.
This was a VERY filling dinner and my bowl of pasta lasted me for three meals. YUM!
We Made It to FALL!!