Annual Back to School Baskets
Hey everyone! Can’t believe school is starting back! Eeck!
Last year, I shared this post with you all about a special back to school tradition I have with my nephews.
Here’s the background information: over the past few years, I have given my nephews a fun back to school basket filled with lots of goodies. I received this idea from some of my cousins. They also have this annual tradition with their own niece and nephew.
This year, my nephews are entering 2nd and 3rd grade, respectively. I did mostly snacks this year because both boys are becoming quite involved in sports (and are developing healthy appetites!) and they have their own preferences in school supplies.
The baskets were purchased from Dollar Tree. Unless specified, I bought everything from Walmart.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Granola bars
- Fruit snacks
- Gatorade bottles
- Water bottles with clips
- Bag of potato chips
- Box of Cheese It’s
- 1 Adidas sports shirt (Costco find!)
- Dallas Cowboy wristbands
- Colored pencils that smell good
- Sonic Drink Ice popsicles in Cherry Limeade and Ocean Water flavors (from Dollar Tree- you basically pop them into the freezer!)
- Bags of oatmeal chocolate chip/M&M cookies
Do you have any special back to school traditions? Would love to hear about them!